What you may have missed

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BigRock, HostDime - India's Web Hosting Market getting tight Already

So, I was tired of clients not having credit card to pay for web hosting services and ask me to get a web site host for them. Yeah, maybe I can help a few of them, but not when each one of them says, "I chose you because I heard you can help me get a web site with no credit card, is that true?."

Really get me ticked some times!


Coming back to what I had in mind to discuss on this blog today. Web hosting is becoming easy-to-obtain in East Asia markets. Thanks to a competition that is brewing up. BigRock and HostDime are two major ones. Word is out that the two web hosting companies are in battle for the Indians money. They are offering very, and I mean very cheap web hosting plans. To low if you ask me. But, one must wonder! Would you trust them with your website? I mean, Indian service providers are said to be "very unreliable." If you know what I mean.


Anyhow, They are definitely better than other major web hosting companies such as goDaddy.com and Netfirms (which I hate). By the way, Netfirms is by far the most unreliable web hosting solution on the Internet.


BigRock and HostDime are India's answer to years and years of no web hosting servers on their soil. But be ware, India's electric grid is so old that current goes off at least several times a day in all the major cities like Delhi, Bombay, Hyderabad etc. that it is not worthy for anyone to sign up with a company that puts servers there. In fact, Both HostDime and BigRock tell you about this current(electric) issue up front. They do this by stating that their web servers are guaranteed to be up 99.5% (uptime 99.5%). Note that all major companies have this uptime figure at 99.9% saying that the other .1% is for the lawyers only.


Still, I prefer them over Netfirms and Godaddy because of simple fact. If you're in India (like I am right now) you can pay HostDime and BigRock bills through paypal, all major credit cards, and unique to HostDime and BigRock, you can pay them with Indian Bank transfers. I know HostDime's bank is SBT based in Kerala. So, just go to SBT bank near your location and pay the bills there and you're good to go. Web host service with No Credit card required! Ah, that is India for you.

Things I discussed in this article include - GoDaddy.com, BigRock.com, HostDime.in, HostDime.com, Web hosting, Web host, FastHosts, go daddy, and india, indian banks transfer, web host with no credit card.

6 comments:

  1. These are few of the significant and remarkable benefits of web hosting in India and there are many others which you can appreciate only after availing this service from an genuine and renowned provider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are few of the significant and remarkable benefits of web hosting in India and there are many others which you can appreciate only after availing this service from an genuine and renowned provider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we look at the uptime and downtime status of their server before paying, we see that it's 99% uptime right? My explanation for this is that they assure you that your site won't go offline except server maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already I have heard about bigrock. I feel that it is a good site but I didn't heard about any feedback.
    Buy domain name

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bbigrock is basically a reseller they are not even a 4 tier they resell from resellerclub.. they resell domains,packages and space in bulk that makes them #1 in domains section.
    Hostdime has its own 4 tier data center and own office in trivandrum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bigrock is has some good web hosting services. Although their problem with their resources are really annoying sometimes but I'm sure their doing their best to cope with some major changes in web hosting.
    Dedicated Server UK

    ReplyDelete

Faahfaahin, fikrad, falanqayn, iyo waxii aad qabto hoos kusoo qor si aanu Kuula aragno ra'yigaaga.